This type of skin disease can manifest itself in man, regardless of age.More often Stasis dermatitis can be found in the female, especially in the elderly.Many patients prefer to be treated independently, but it can only worsen the patient's condition.The main purpose of the disease - the defeat of the feet and legs, including the skin and blood vessels.If time does not appeal to the highly skilled dermatologist, the disease can gain an infectious character.
content of the article:
- The causes of stasis dermatitis
- Diagnosis of venous eczema
- treatment of stasis dermatitis
- prevention of disease
main signsstasis dermatitis are considered:
- constant itching;
- appearance of increased dryness of the skin;
- occurrence of rash in the form of redness and scaly formations.
As additional symptoms can be identified:
- appearance of discharge from the ulcer formations;
- presence of hard crusts of skin;
- the presence of the seals of the skin;
- pallor of the skin around the mouth;
- increase in the number of wrinkles on his hands, and in other parts of the body.
abnormal formation and redness can be found on the face, legs, neck, limbs and folds in the groin.These pockets can be observed in children.However, adult symptoms can also occur, further clicking on the chest of the patient.
Violations of the skin can be formed both by the development of the disease, and by scratching itchy areas by the patient.Such damage can cause ingestion of infection.If the patient's condition deteriorates significantly, then damage to the skin can be observed venous ulcers.So if you feel the skin any swelling and festering, you should always seek medical help to halt the rapid development of the disease.
The causes of stasis dermatitis
rise to this skin disease is more than enough.Skilled only one thing is clear that the disease develops from the moment when blood circulation slows down, slowly moving to the lower body.Since blood flow is inefficient, then all of the liquid is lowered into the legs, causing swelling.Long presence of fluid in the extremities begins to adversely affect their skin.
main cause of venous eczema can be considered:
- hereditary predisposition to the disease;
- bad ecology;
- constant stress;
- hypersensitivity to latex and rubber.
Based on the above presented grounds, there are two kinds of stasis dermatitis:
- Irritant contact dermatitis.This kind of disease is caused by abuse of detergent, which irritates the skin regularly.The most common skin irritant is considered battery acid;
- allergic contact dermatitis.This type of dermatitis occurs when exposed to any allergen.The major allergen is considered to be irritable nickel.Such allergies may cause some inconvenience, as nickel is found in many household items: coins, some jewelry, buttons, rimmed glasses, and more.et al.
There are also types of atopic eczema, the causes of which scientists still have not been identified.However, experts have suggested that much of the development of venous eczema resolves the immune system of the patient.One such reason may also be a disease, a defect of the skin.This disease significantly complicate the patient's condition so that the skin more quickly begins to lose its moisture, without receiving a new liquid.
Diagnosis of venous eczema
To date there is no effective method for the diagnosis of this disease.Analysis of the disease is complicated by the fact that there is a distinguishing feature and by which it will be possible to accurately determine stagnant dermatitis.However, even a set of existing symptoms can be different for each patient.Development of the disease is also in varying degrees of severity.The first thing you need to diagnose the disease - a medical examination.
After his dermatologist results should send a patient to a lab to pass the required tests.It is necessary to exclude the possibility of other diseases.For these purposes, may appoint additional tests to diagnose disease through comparative analysis.If there are some signs that symbolize the occurrence of allergic reactions, it takes a special "patch test".This will help identify the nature of the allergen and remove it from the domestic use of the patient.
treatment of congestive dermatitis
The first thing to do - is to control the disease.By diagnosis revealed the true cause of the disease, then to eliminate it and to remove the developing inflammation.With varicose veins can be controlled by surgical methods.But before you "go under the knife," it is worth trying more conservative methods to withdraw excess fluid.One of these methods can be considered as receiving diuretics.
Next, you need to cope with what - is the stagnation of blood flow.
to improve circulation necessary to follow some rules:
- keep your feet up.A similar procedure must be done as frequently as the tumor will not disappear;
- regular exercise to their feet in a short hiking.
Stasis dermatitis can try to heal with the help of local-anesthetic drugs, but only by the treating physician.
as complementary therapies should use the following:
- hormonal creams;
- compression stockings.They contribute to a more efficient outflow of fluid in the legs;
- gradient-compressive therapy.Experts believe this method is most effective.
Hormonal drugs are widely used in the treatment of many skin diseases.Corticosteroids are composed of ointments, perfectly cope with various kinds of tumors.But the appointment of an external preparation can be shown a negative reaction that can go either over time or escalate further.The deterioration may also occur when infected wounds pathogenic bacteria.
In the latter method uses a special compressor sleeves that with the movement of air can squeeze stagnant lymph, improving blood circulation in the veins.Also, this method can be used in the home using compressive dressing and clothing.
prevent venous eczema can only drastic changes in your lifestyle.And this is true in any form of the disease, even with the most severe.
To do this, just perform a few recommendations:
- should regularly moisturize the skin;
- avoid contact with allergens identified;
- avoid excessive sweating and overheating;
- avoid sudden changes in temperature;
- do preventive cold compresses to reduce the incessant itching;
- go entirely in clothes made of cotton;
- several times to rinse clothes after washing;
- sure to wash newly purchased clothes;
- much as possible to avoid various kinds of stressful situations.
If there is no other way to cope with an illness, you have to re-take an additional diagnosis as ultrasound.Thanks to this procedure, doctors can determine the condition of the deep veins of the legs.After this it is advisable to consider the diagnosis of surgical treatments.