Strangely, fungal otitis (otomycosis) is a fairly common disease - about ten percent of the world's population at least once in his life faced with this very unpleasant problem.As "victims" of the disease can select both adults and children.Treating fungal otitis media can be long and extremely unpleasant, so information about the disease is to adopt.
otomycosis - a fungal disease that affects mainly the outer ear canal, eardrum (rarely), and sometimes the skin of the ear.The agents of this disease are common fungi Penicillium and Aspergillus, and a variety of yeast-like fungi Candida.
content of the article:
- The causes of the disease
- types otomycosis
- Diagnosis and treatment
The causes of the disease
course to hitfungal infections ears has led to the development of the disease, and other factors are necessary.The body of a healthy person is very successful fighting alien bacteria.But with severely immunocompromised, when the human body is unable to pr
As a provoking factor is the injury and damage to the inner shells of different ear.Paradoxically, fungal otitis - a disease too cleanly abusers cleaning ears.Too frequent use of ear sticks skin can be rubbed.And if a person uses the means at hand (eg, matches), the risk of damage increases.
After fungi get into the wound, they begin to multiply and lead to the development of the disease, the treatment of which is very long and sometimes problematic.In some cases, it can become chronic otitis.
Depending on the localization of the disease, there are several types of the disease:
- outdoor fungal otitis - the defeat of the ear, as well as tissue external auditory canal, the most common form, occurs insixty-two percent of patients;
- fungal Maringa - inflammation of the eardrum, a rare form, observed just one percent of patients;
- Otitis media - middle ear tissue damage, occurs in twenty percent of patients;
- average postoperative otomycosis - develops after operations on the middle ear as a result of infection in the wound, there have seventeen percent of the patients.
course otomycosis treatment varies depending on its type.
Depending on the individual characteristics of each organism such as fungi pathogens form of the disease and the degree of neglect, otitis media can cause the following symptoms:
- liquid discharge from the ear;
- crusting and corks in the ear canal and ear;
- severe itching;
- pain, often given to the jaw and mouth opening makes it difficult;
- hearing impairment;
In rare cases, there is a sharp rise in temperature, a nagging headache and a strong swelling.However, even with mild symptoms must be timely treatment.
Diagnosis and treatment
otomycosis often diagnosed based on the overall clinical picture of the patient's history and simple.The physician should conduct a survey and find out whether the patient is prone to a variety of fungal diseases, he was treated with antibiotics, whether suffering from allergies.
Treatment otomycosis - a difficult and lengthy process.Not only should be used not only (in the form of tablets and ear drops), but also to make the overall immunotherapy, enhancing body's defense system.