- cause of the disease
- types of disease
- Diagnosis Treatment
Often the question arises, what is it and who is shown?With Greek osteochondropathia means: osteo - bone, chondro - cartilage, pathia - illness, suffering. Osteochondropathy - a series of painful manifestations that are more common among the younger generation (children, adolescents). There is a change in the bone tissue of the musculoskeletal system (eg, apophysis short tubular bones), deformed bone (it loses its strength), and violation of a change in the joints.A person having such a predisposition, standing on their hands, they can easily break.Bones can crumble under its own weight, even from a muscle strain.
Why do I get this disease?
- Passed genetically.
- disrupted hormonal balance (especially in the endocrine glands).
- poor metabolism (Ca, and difficult to digest vitamins).
- vasculature lack of interaction with bone tissue.
- changes in the regulation of blood flow, n
- Very often, the body is exposed microtraumas.
- limbs and spine are not in a natural position (mostly professional athletes).
kinds of diseases
The disease can be divided into Group IV, each species has its own manifestations specificity and individuality.
How to distribute?
1. The long bones (in the epiphysis):
- in the femur (head) - Legg-Calve-Perthes disease;
- in I-III metatarsal bone (head), clavicle (its sternal end), the fingers (phalanges of them) - b.Koehler II.
2. In the short tubular bones:
- in the foot (navicular bone) - a disease of Kohler I;
- in hand (to the lunate.) - B.Kienbock;
- wrist (scaphoid in.) - B.Prayzera;
- in the vertebral body - b.Calvet.
3. The apophyses:
- in the tibia (it tuberosity) - b.Osgood - Schlatter;
- in the calcaneus (its hillock) - b.Haglund - Shintsa;
- apophysary rings in the vertebrae - b.Scheuermann - May.
4. The surfaces of the joints - a disease Koenig.
Osteochondropathy femoral head (b. Legg-Calve-Perthes) - the defeat of the hip joint, often it right.Exercise more boys (5-10 years).May have different stages of the disease (IV).The disease first manifests itself by unpleasant sensations in the lower limbs, and then in the pelvis.Pain may not be in place of the hearth, and the knee joint begins claudication.When a complex form of manifestation of the disease, impaired function of the hip joint with accompanying severe pain, there are changes in the femoral head.
Osteochondropathy tibial tuberosity (b. Osgood - Schlatter) is a kind of bone necrosis of the knee (necrosis).There is often after numerous injuries and damage in this area (more common in boys, who are professionally involved in sports, at the age of 10-15 years).There are knee pain, swelling.Treated for a long time passes after the full suspension of growth.
Osteochondropathy spine (b. Scheuermann - May) - is the destruction of the spine (disc, vertebral end plates).Most often suffer from this disease thoracic (age 11-18 years).First, there are unpleasant sensations in the back, then amplified and appears at the progressive development of kyphosis (curvature of the spine), intervertebral neuralgia.
Osteochondropathy calcaneus (b. Haglund - Shintsa) - a disease manifested unpleasant pain in the Achilles foot, heel, formed swelling.Usually seen in girls, after long loads (aged 12-16 years).
If your children complain of unpleasant pain in the foot, knee, spine, pelvis, you should pay attention to it.Especially when the pain gets worse, you need to see a doctor.The disease is difficult to detect in its early stages, it is best to avoid complications.This disease is very long and is completely treated pass, when the growth of the organism stopped.Better not to self-medicate.The doctor will establish a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
How is it possible to identify this disease?
Assign x-ray: X-rays, tomography, angiography.Because of this, we can distinguish 5 stages of this disease.At the initial stage appears only cartilage necrosis, the last - may be the method of recovery (full recovery) or further degradation, arthrosis.
Treatment takes place at a constant presence of doctors.For each display osteochondropathy your medical appointment.For example, when the knee osteochondropathy (b. Osgood - Schlatter) eliminates the load on the lower limbs (establishing bus), appoint electrophoresis c P (phosphorus) and Ca (calcium), paraffin, good maintenance of the body with vitamins.The disease lasts for a year and a half.