- disease provoking vestibular disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment
vestibular disorders (vestibulopathy, vestibular syndrome) - a violation of the vestibular system, is responsible for man's orientation in space and for maintaining a sense ofbalance that lead to dizziness, confusion, instability of the position of the body.In addition, there may be nausea with bouts of vomiting, anxiety, diarrhea, changes in heart rate and blood pressure.
cause of vestibulopathy can serve a variety of diseases, problems in the inner ear or brain, as well as taking certain medications.Often such violations result in changes in the body associated with its aging.
disease provoking vestibular disorders
common causes of vestibular disorders are diseases:
- Benign positional vertigo.It manifested in a brief, fairly intense episodic vertigo, resulting from changes in head position.It may occur after neuritis, trauma of the head, as well as age-related changes in the body.
- Myocardial maze.The disease
- maze.It is characterized by inflammation in the membranous labyrinth, which can cause bacteria or virus.In the presence of a viral infection observed dizziness, both in vestibular neuritis, combined with cochlear disorders.
- vestibular neurons.In this case, the nerve is damaged owing to the presence of viral infections (herpes).Usually the disease catches up with autumn or spring, when the human body is weakened and the most susceptible to acute respiratory infections.Symptoms of vestibular neyronita are: dizziness, does not lead to hearing loss, nausea and vomiting.This state may last for several weeks, and then the symptoms will slowly disappear.The disease can occur in the background of benign positional vertigo.
- Meniere's disease.When her problems with the inner ear, which are manifested in episodic vertigo, noise and a feeling of pressure in the ears, hearing loss in.It starts with hearing impairment at lower frequencies, and gradually progresses to higher.Accompanied by nausea and vomiting that does not stop for several hours.
- Migraine.Migraine attacks often resemble attacks of Meniere's disease, hearing loss but in this case there is not so common.Accompanied by tinnitus, dizziness, photophobia and phonophobia.
- disease "discharge."The man begins to feel dizzy after transplanting it from any vehicle (car, boat) and does not cease, despite the fact that he has returned to a stable environment.
- other diseases associated with head injuries or intoxication of drugs, as well as central nervous system diseases and musculoskeletal system.
methods of diagnosis and treatment
diagnose vestibular disorders is extremely difficult, because their causes can be very different: as we know, is not only the disease but also the medication.It is therefore important to seek help from an experienced highly qualified doctors who can provide a comprehensive picture of the disease and prescribe the appropriate cure.Self-medication in this situation can only worsen the condition of the patient and lead to irreversible consequences.
First of all, vestibulopathy diagnosis involves examination by an ENT doctor, who on the basis of medical history, the patient's complaints and inspection of his ear appoint a further plan of survey.It may be laboratory tests, special test (audiometry and electronystagmography) and neuroimaging techniques (CT and MRI).In recent years, quite common are techniques such as testing the vestibular autorotation, computer-visual dynamic testing as well as the method of GDP.
on treatment vestibulopathy syndrome primarily affects its genesis.The first step is the removal of brain diseases and injuries.The treatment will be scheduled depending on the pathogenesis of vestibular disorders.
Sometimes you want to have an impact on the external factors of everyday life: to limit travel in the elevator car and so on.In the case of benign positional vertigo is recommended to carry out simple movements, such as the Epley maneuver, promotes the release otoconia in the semicircular canals.Treatment of Meniere's disease involves amend diet: Limit consumption of salt, caffeine and alcohol.It is also useful to get rid of smoking.
Overcome vertigo can use folk remedies, which are often safer and more effective than medication.If
lighter treatment had no effect, it will have to resort to antibiotics, and in the most severe cases - for surgery.Timely treatment helps your doctor to prevent surgery.