- cause of the disease and its types
- Diagnosis and treatment
- prevention of disease
pyelonephritis may occur not only in the adult, it is also subject to, and children, andeven the smallest.
It is important to monitor the condition of all the organs of the child, without exception, because the human body is interconnected. on renal affect any infectious diseases, including dental caries, tonsillitis and adenoids.And the organs of the urogenital system in children affected no less than adults.
Types pyelonephritis and its causes
This infectious and inflammatory diseases of the kidneys can be:
- primary.One of the main causes of primary pyelonephritis in children is a change in their intestinal flora.Under adverse conditions, such as intestinal infections or frequent SARS, the baby may have goiter, causing inflammation of the kidneys.In addition, it can lead to coccoid infections (skin diseases, flu, sore throat, etc.).A common cause of kidney inflammation is also a
- secondary.This type of pyelonephritis is caused by congenital abnormalities of the genitourinary system.If a child has broken the structure of the kidneys, bladder, ureters, or their location may occur violation of the outflow of urine, causing inflammation there.The kidneys may also be underdeveloped.In this case, the body will function insufficient kidney tissue.As a child grows, the load on kidney tissue to grow due to which the body would be difficult to cope with its function.
The shape of flow distinguished pyelonephritis:
- island.Suddenly there and it is growing rapidly.In this form of the disease can take place within three weeks, but if in time to see a doctor, it can be completely cured.
- Chronic.It is characterized by sluggish current and periodic exacerbations of acute form.
Symptoms of the disease
disease in children can manifest itself in the following symptoms:
- elevated temperature (up to 38-39 degrees), weakness, and headache.Appetite is reduced.Cold symptoms when it is not.
- Delay (incontinence) of urine.In normal mode, a child drinking a long time urinating or, on the contrary, does it too often and in small portions, especially at night, because of what he does not sleep.At the same time, a sharp stench of urine.
- painful urination.This can be understood by the relevant child's behavior: he urinates immediately, putting efforts and complaining of abdominal pain.
- Change the color of urine.Normally, urine should be clear and straw-yellow, and if it became dull, darkened and acquired a reddish tint, then there may be problems with the kidneys or bladder.
- defecation disorders, nausea and vomiting.Pyelonephritis symptoms in children, especially in infants, often resemble symptoms of intestinal disorders.This is too slow weight gain.
In the case of occurrence of chronic inflammation of the kidneys can not occur, that is, to be completely asymptomatic.In this case, it will only be able to recognize an experienced doctor who, by asking the right questions a little patient and his parents will be able to get a complete picture. why parents is very important to observe the behavior of the baby: to see how quickly he gets tired, he sleeps, how often, and in connection with which changes his mood, and so on.
Diagnosis and treatment of pyelonephritis
First of all, I want to remind all adults that at the first sign of violations of kidney function or any suspicion they should immediately bring the child to the doctor who will thoroughly inspect and prescribe necessary diagnostic measures.Based on the complaints received and the diagnostic results will be assigned the appropriate course of treatment to which it will be necessary to begin immediately to make him the maximum effect.
So, the most informative in case of problems with the kidneys is a common urinalysis.If the results do not meet the doctor will have to take another urine test - Nechiporenko.If a doctor is suspected inflammation or kidney failure, it will be necessary to conduct studies of additional indicators - analysis Zimnitsky.
Treatment involves a pyelonephritis antibiotic therapy.In addition, widely used uroseptiki and homeopathic remedies.After medical treatment (antibiotics) require the child probiotics - drugs, which are based on living organisms, reducing the intestinal flora.
To prevent the development of pyelonephritis in children, parents need to follow certain preventive measures, namely: use only disposable diapers while walking and at bedtime;ensure that the child regularly empty the bladder;daily change his underwear.
It is also important to monitor its power: to give only purified water to eliminate sodas, fatty, fried, spicy and salty foods.It is better to abandon the strong broth (fish and meat).Eat more vegetables and fruits.
Thus, paying attention to their children, parents can avoid many problems with their health, and in case of any disease - as quickly as possible get rid of them!