- Why there is bias?
- Clinical manifestations of the disease
- Diagnostics displacement of the vertebrae
- Principles of treatment
displacement of the vertebrae (them subluxation) - a pathological condition that is accompanied by a shift and rotation of the vertebrae, as well as narrowing of intervertebral canal, leading to the emergence of pain andviolations of the internal organs.I must say that most often occurs displacement of the vertebrae in the cervical spine.This pathology is quite tricky, as can be manifested clinically not immediately, but to provoke the disruption of various organs and body systems.Offset lumbar spine and vertebrae in the chest area is less common.
Why there is bias?
Among the reasons for the displacement of the vertebrae are the following factors:
- spinal injury as a fracture or dislocation;
- degenerative changes of the spine in the presence of certain diseases, such as osteoarthritis, intervertebral disc tissue when the function of fixing the bad;
- cervical dislocation in infants are most often associated with a sharp movement of the head back, so parents need to know how to keep the baby in her arms;
- operations that violated the integrity of the reference set of the spine, such as laminectomy;
- dysplastic processes, which cause disruption of the structure of vertebrate bodies, intervertebral discs and ligamentous apparatus of the spine;
- cervical dislocation in newborns often develops as a result of birth trauma when the child is twisted umbilical cord, or take in the womb unusual position.I must say that overextension of the cervical spine, which occurs when the pathological course of childbirth, can cause cerebral palsy;
- adults displacement of the vertebrae often seen in car accidents and falls on his back;
- weight lifting and hard physical labor also contributes to the displacement of the spine;
- congenital weakness of bone structures may also be a cause of cervical dislocation;
- age-related changes in the intervertebral joints, which are accompanied by a narrowing of the spinal canal, nerve entrapment and paralysis - the most common cause of this disease in adulthood;
- hereditary deficiencies of the spine, such as spondylolisthesis, characterized spina bifida, which in most cases leads to a shift of lumbar vertebrae;
- this lesion can occur at sharp temperature drops;
- a sharp contraction of the muscles of the back;
- long stay in a forced position.
Clinical manifestations of the disease
I must say that from the time of displacement of the vertebrae to the first manifestations of the lesion may take a long time (even years) that, accordingly, difficult to diagnose and treat.
Symptoms of this disease depends on the location of crushing.So, the main symptoms of cervical dislocation are headache, migraine, rhinitis and sleep disorders, chronic fatigue and memory impairment in the form of amnesia.Quite often there is a bias in the development of pain in the neck, sensitivity and impaired function of the upper extremities.
- circulatory disorders of the head;
- defeat eye and ear, ear pain is manifested, deafness, strabismus and certain types of blindness;
- destruction of the trigeminal nerve, causes the development of neuritis and neuralgia;
- defeat of the nose, which explains the appearance of catarrhal symptoms in the displacement of the vertebrae;
- defeat of the vocal cords and throat, leading to hoarseness, as well as laryngitis or sore throat;
- damage to the neck muscles, neck stiffness manifested;
- damage the thyroid gland;
- violation of innervation of synovial bags shoulder, which leads to bursitis.
These attributes also belong to the symptoms of the cervical vertebrae displacement.
With the defeat thoracic increased risk of gastritis and stomach ulcers, as well as lesions of the pancreas in the form of acute pancreatitis.
When displacements in the lumbar region first articular process fractures occur, and then shifts the spinal disc, which leads to pain in the legs and lameness, which prevents patients walk normally.It appears as chronic back pain, disturbed sensitivity below the localization of the pathological process.There may be a sharp weakening of the knee or Achilles reflex.Among the symptoms displacement lumbar spine should be allocated back pain, which responds poorly to analgesic therapy.
In addition, there are some common signs of displacement of the vertebrae:
- chronic internal organ;
- violation of posture;
- development of scoliosis;
- manifestations of osteochondrosis;
- intervertebral hernia;
- development radiculopathy;
Diagnostics displacement of the vertebrae
How to treat cervical dislocation or other structural units of the spine should only define trauma surgeon or an orthopedist after a series of surveys.Among the most revealing are the following methods:
- radiography, which should take place during movement of the neck (if flexion and extension);
- X-rays with functional tests;
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- computed tomography;
- spondylograms front, which helps diagnose the displacement of the vertebrae in the lower back.
The above survey methods help to establish the localization of lesions of the spine, its extent and nature, diagnose concomitant pinched nerves, and help to establish the cause of the defeat.
course, for the diagnosis of vertebral displacement must take into account the clinical manifestations that determine the treatment.
Principles of treatment of this pathology
This pathology in any part of the spine requires immediate treatment.
Treatment of cervical dislocation involves the restriction head movements.Patients received anti-inflammatory drugs that relieve pain and eliminate inflammation of the muscles and nerves.If you develop numbness in upper limbs and a sensation of tingling in the hands, it shows an epidural injection of cortisone, which belongs to the steroid hormones - the drug quickly relieves swelling and inflammation that inevitably arise during displacement.
At displacement of the vertebrae with any localization shows the use of manual therapy, acupuncture and therapeutic exercises.These techniques help you to relax and strengthen the muscles that surround the spine, the vertebrae fixed offset, to facilitate the clinical manifestations of the disease and repair damaged body functions.
the treatment of displacement of the vertebrae of the lumbar forbidden to lift heavy objects, make sharp torso and sports.For a period of rest is able to facilitate the flow of the lesion.Also appointed physiotherapy, which helps to strengthen the muscles of the waist and abdomen.It is recommended to wear a corset, which fixes the lower back and accelerates the recovery.
good therapeutic effect in the displacement of the vertebrae shows massage.
If therapeutic treatment methods do not give the desired effect, surgical treatment.In most cases, operative therapy is indicated for birth defects of the spine and severe shifts, which manifest severe symptoms.During the operation eliminated the anomalies in the structure of the vertebrae, and the fixed vertebrae that have shifted.For this metal plate is used.It should be noted that the operative treatment in most cases is effective, but it provokes the development of various complications and more poorly tolerated by the body than non-invasive methods of treatment.
I must say that the treatment of the cervical vertebrae displacement should be directed to the simulation of the formation of connective tissue in the damaged spinal discs.In order to rest the muscles of the neck is shown wearing a properly sized orthopedic devices - Schantz collar.When expressed pain syndrome prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs group, and applied with novocaine blockade.To ensure the flow of blood into the lesion hirudotherapy used, which not only saturates the area of displacement of oxygen, but also exhibits an analgesic effect.
To remedy cervical dislocation applied kinesiology, which is carried out manually with the muscle-testing.This technique helps to safely return the vertebrae in place.In addition, successfully applied physiotherapy - the essence of this method of treatment is spinal traction, where the displaced bones alone take the correct position.It should be noted that such treatment methods can be used only qualified chiropractor because at the wrong conduct can only worsen the course of the displacement of the vertebrae.
treatment process of any displacement of the vertebrae takes quite a long time - its success depends not only on the qualifications of medical specialist, but also from the desire of the patient to comply with all the recommendations and adhere to the chosen treatment.