- Symptoms of the disease
- effective treatment program
Spondylolisthesis Spine is a pathology of the spine, at which expressed varying degrees of displacement of the body of the overlying vertebra relativeunderlying directed in the horizontal plane.This shift disrupts the normal condition of the tissues of the spine, which is manifested the characteristic appearance of neurological symptoms - changes occur due to narrowing of the spinal canal or injury of spinal nerve roots.
The causes of the disease
proved that the causes of the disease often becomes a complex of reasons - pathological changes develop as a result of:
- presence of congenital anomalies of the structure of the spine - in this case develops dysplastic spondylolisthesis, which is characterized by the presence of a defect that allowsoverlying vertebra "extends" forward;
- chronic traumatic effects - in this case develops isthmic spond
- degenerative-dystrophic processes affecting the intervertebral discs and ligaments surrounding the spine - a degenerative spondylolisthesis occurs in older patients or patients with inflammatory diseases of the joints of the spine (ankylosing spondylitis, seronegative arthritis);
- direct trauma of the spine, leading to fractures arches and articular processes of individual vertebrae - in traumatic spondylolisthesis vertebral body "waste" from the bow;
- malignant tumors or metastatic lesions of vertebral bodies - abnormal spondylolisthesis in most cases develops when a vertebra collapses tumor process.
Before due diligence is often impossible to tell what kind of spondylolisthesis spine emerged in the patient.Prognosis and tactics possible treatment depends on the type, severity of lesions, and the patient's age - early access to a doctor helps to identify emerging changes before the patient's symptoms appear, indicating the involvement of the membranes and substance of the spinal cord or spinal nerves.
pathological process in the case where the patient has the disease, the symptoms of the pathological process directly depends on the department in which the spinal column appeared a similar shift.
If there is spondylolisthesis of the cervical patient may receive pain in the neck, extending to the whole of the upper limb girdle and upper back, headaches, dizzy spells, and the severity of symptoms increases after exercise, sometimes even very small.Very often, the symptoms resemble symptoms of osteochondrosis complicated, which is accompanied by herniation and disc protrusion.
Spondylolisthesis of the lumbar developed and is diagnosed more often - depending on the degree of displacement of the severity of symptoms of the disease can vary from mild pain in the lower back (lumbar region and sacrum), which increases sharply after attempts to perform the exercises, accompanied by stretching the spine to the sharp limitmobility back and neuritis symptoms.If there is a displacement of the lumbar vertebrae relative to each other, the patient may experience symptoms lyumbamgii or lumbago (lumbar nerve inflammation).
In the case where the developing spondylolisthesis l5, the patient shifted relative to each other body of the last lumbar vertebrae and the vertebrae that form the sacrum, and therefore develop signs characteristic of inflammation of the sciatic nerve (sciatica).In this case, most often develops isthmic spondylolisthesis - a patient may appear in the complaints of severe pain in his lower back, which spread along the nerve (in the zone of innervation of its branches).Accordingly, it may appear sensory disturbances, tingling or weakness in the legs, muscle wasting pelvic area and lower extremities.In severe disease may occur pelvic disorders - the patient loses the ability to control the emptying of the bladder and bowel.
If isthmic spondylolisthesis begins in early childhood, the active progression of the pathological process often begins in the period of active growth of the organism and the first bouts of back pain occur in adolescents.After completion of skeletal growth in this case changes the progression is slower, but related injuries can cause rapid deterioration of the spinal column and the surrounding tissue.
Depending on the severity of the changes are following the severity of the disease:
- first - the offset does not exceed 25% of the body of the overlying vertebra;
- second - degree of slip according to X-ray is in the range of 25-50%;
- third - shift confined to 50-75% of the vertebra;
- fourth - degree of bias is greater than 75% of the body surface overlying vertebra;
- fifth - spondiloptoz in which the overlying vertebra slips forward and downward.
It depends on the severity of lesions and their rate of progression is chosen tactics, according to which will be the treatment of spondylolisthesis.
How to choose the optimal treatment?
for the diagnosis of disease and the choice of optimal treatment strategy is most often used X-ray, CT or MRI.To clarify the nature of neurological symptoms necessarily comprehensive neurological examination, helps to clarify the exact location of the lesion and the degree of involvement in the tissue of the nervous system.
the initial extent of disease (first and second) of the spine spondylolisthesis treated with conservative methods.The treatment program includes:
1. Medical treatment:
- NSAIDs, designated short course - they help quickly to stop the pain and unpleasant symptoms, but have no effect on the cause of the disease;
- muscle relaxants - used only if vypazhennogo pain under medical supervision;
- epidural steroid injections or novocaine blockade.
2. Physiotherapy - helps eliminate the signs of inflammation of the nerves and to stimulate the muscles of the back and abdomen.
3. Exercises in spondylolisthesis - in the complex treatment procedures are actively using gymnastic exercises.The aim is to create a physical therapy appointment developed muscular corset back, which can support changes to the vertebrae.Exercises are selected for each patient individually.The complex excludes any exercise that could provoke any tissue hyperextension of the spine.
4. Orthopedic correction - are required to wear a corset, picked individually.This device prevents hyperextension, which can occur even when the usual stresses and fixes the vertebrae relative to each other.
In identifying significant severity of spondylolisthesis or spinal its rapid progression of the patient podiatrist may recommend surgery.Operations in this case may include the formation of fusion - fusion of two adjacent vertebrae, or the installation of the fixing plates.
present our video surgery of the disease ( not look nervous! ):
Timely detection of diseases at an early stage, and its insistence on an active treatment - the key to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms and successful recovery.