For people with diabetes, exercise is almost as important as diet in the management of disease.And there are several easy and convenient forms of employment, such as walking.
Walking requires no special equipment except a good pair of shoes and maybe some reflective clothing if you plan to walk at night.You do not need an expensive gym membership or expensive treadmill.All you need is a street, sidewalk, shopping mall, or even the corridors of your own home.In return, you gain more control over their diabetes.
Before watching and get ahead from your doctor, people whose diabetes is not under control, as a rule, do not have to exercise until your blood sugar returns to normal.If you are in good shape, the doctor may suggest that you start exercising and recommend what types of exercise are appropriate for your physical condition.
Diabetes and Exercise: Benefits
Plan physical activity with diabetes should include a combination of aerobic exercise such as walking and strength training.The benefits
- Lowering blood glucose
- Increase the body's ability to use insulin
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Increasing good cholesterol, lowering bad cholesterol
- Reductionstress levels
- Strengthening muscles and bones
Also keep in mind that walking with time gaining speed.Walking at a brisk pace raise your heart rate, which gives your heart and lungs even more efficient workout.Brisk walking also burns more calories.
Studies show that people who want to get the health benefits of aerobic exercise, have to work for 30 minutes a day at least five days a week.However, you should not engage in 30 minutes at a time;for example, three 10-minute walk will do your job for the day.
Start program walk
You have two ways to start walking with diabetes.
first is simple - to find ways to make more steps during the day.Use a pedometer to count the number of steps that you do every day, and try to add 2,000 extra steps a day.Continue adding steps until you reach the ultimate goal.How to achieve this goal:
- Use the stairs rather than the elevator or escalator.
- If you find yourself in the uncrowded escalator, walk on the escalator instead of ride.
- Take short walks during breaks.
- Get up and walk in place during television commercials.
- walk the dog every day.
The second strategy involves the beginning of a more structured program of walking, in which you do walking as an aerobic exercise to treat his diabetes.This involves more effort, but it has many health benefits.
To start a walking program:
- Buy good shoes .Complications of diabetes can lead to loss of sensation in limbs .Therefore, you need a shoe with a heel stable, solid arch support and a thick flexible soles to cushion your feet and absorb shock.Shoes should fit the shape of the legs and to mitigate the movement of the joints.Regardless of the size indicated on the box - always trying on shoes in a store and see how it suits you.
- to warm up and cool down .Be sure to include an easy warm-up and cool down at the beginning of the end of each exercise session.They should include slow walking for about five minutes.Perform gentle stretching after warm-up and cool down.
- right move .The heels should touch the ground first and then the rest of the foot, as if you throw your weight forward.Keep your fingers pointing forward, chin up and shoulders back as you go.Be sure to swing his arms.
- Boost endurance over time .Start walking 15-minute intervals during the first week, five-minute warm-up, followed by five minutes of brisk walking five minutes and cool.Add three minutes of time to walk to your daily exercise plan each week as long as you do not walk fast for one hour or more.Remember that the greatest benefits you need to walk at least five days a week.
exercises in diabetes require some special precautions:
- Avoid exercise if you have high or low blood sugar.
- inject insulin in places far removed from the muscles that you use the most during exercise to avoid hypoglycemia.
- Drink plenty of water during your workout.
Also do not forget to keep track of your blood sugar before, during and after exercise.For a short time, you will walk your way to better fitness and better control of diabetes.
freshness and convenience - important components during any work shift in a medical environment, whether dental, orthopedic, outpatient or inpatient treatment.Medically http://kronosg.ru/medicinskaya_odejda clothing from a wide range of styles, shapes and cut, you can focus on your work in comfort and you will not need to think about what you wear.