Diet after a stroke
Nutrition plays a huge role in everyone's life, because from it depends largely on our health.And if a person suffered a serious illness such as stroke, the nutrition becomes even more important.Therefore, doctors advise patients to observe a special diet after a stroke.
diet The main principle of the diet after a stroke - limiting the amount of salt and animal fats in the diet.Reducing fat can reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, which helps prevent recurrent stroke.Salt is best to completely eliminate from the diet or at least reduce it to the maximum allowable amount of 5 g Since the use of large amounts of salt increases blood pressure.People who have had a stroke, it is important to stick to a diet because it will help them lead normal weight.This is very important because the extra weight gives large load on our body and health.Therefore, the thinner will be the person, the lower the risk of recurrent stroke.
Diet after stroke should
recommended to increase the frequency of meals, eat 4-6 times a day in small portions.This last meal should be moderate and held for 3 hours before bedtime.The approximate weight of the daily ration must not exceed 2 kg, and the amount of liquid - not more than 1 liter.
Diet after a stroke does not have a strict menu, so each person can create their diet, become acquainted with the permitted and prohibited foods.Products marked point "sometimes", can be used 1-2 times a week.
permitted and prohibited products
• Meat.Allowed - chicken, beef, rabbit and turkey in boiled or baked form.Prohibited - the skin of poultry, bacon, bacon, salami and all kinds of sausages, grilled meat.Sometimes - lean beef.
• Fish.Allowed - cod, flounder, walker boiled or baked form.Prohibited - fried fish.Sometimes - herring, sardines, salmon, tuna, mackerel.
• Dairy products.Allowed - milk, cheese, yogurt, fermented baked milk, yogurt, low-fat cheeses.Prohibited - condensed milk, cream and other fatty dairy products.Sometimes - cheese.
• Eggs.Allowed - protein.Sometimes - whole egg.
• Cereals.Allowed - bread from wheat flour, crackers, pasta, oatmeal, brown rice, cereals soups.Prohibited - pastries, biscuits.Sometimes - white bread, sugary cereals.
• Fruits and vegetables.Allowed - all vegetables, fruits, dried fruits and berries, boiled potatoes.Prohibited - chips and fried potatoes.Sometimes - stewed potatoes, candied fruits and berries.
• Desserts.Allowed - jelly, pudding, sherbet, sweets with sugar substitutes.Prohibited - ice cream, chocolate, toffee, fudge, butter cream.Sometimes - candy, candy, honey.
• Drinks.Allowed - compote, juice, jelly, brew, fruit and vegetable juices, broth hips, weak tea and milk tea.Prohibited - strong coffee and tea, cocoa, sweet and fizzy drinks.Sometimes - weak coffee.